Carpenters, electronics technicians and materials testers: On 3 September Chancellor Jan Gerken welcomed 23 new apprentices. In the next three to four years, they will be doing their vocational training in the laboratories and workshops of the University of Stuttgart.
Ten industrial mechanics, two media and information services specialists, two materials testers, two carpenters, four electronics technicians and three office management assistants are beginning their training. In total, 292 prospective apprentices applied at the University of Stuttgart. Most applications were made for training as an industrial mechanic.
Compared to last year, the number of apprentices has increased. “We are delighted with this year's high number of new apprentices. It shows us that training in an academic environment is attractive for young people,” says Peter Salzmann, Training Manager at the University of Stuttgart.
We asked: Why choose a university as a training workplace?
Katharina Lodde is an aspiring industrial mechanic: “I graduated from the Schloss-Realschule in Stuttgart. The school has a cooperation with the University of Stuttgart, and so I became aware of the vocational training at the IHFG. I've always been good at all things technical. I was the only technically orientated girl in class. I love drawing, and now I'm looking forward to the technical drawing in the apprenticeship.“
Mina Sungur is doing an apprenticeship as an office manager at the Center for Education and Qualifications. She is looking forward to the training: “After receiving my advanced technical college certificate, I decided to do an apprenticeship at the University of Stuttgart. I wanted to learn something practical and I got this opportunity here at the ZLW. The University of Stuttgart offers me a lot of opportunities for further education, which I'm looking forward to“.
Skilled occupations at the University of Stuttgart
Only available in German
- Baustoffprüfer/in, Schwerpunkt Geotechnik
- Baustoffprüfer/in, Schwerpunkt Mörtel- und Betontechnik
- Buchbinder/in (Handwerk)
- Elektroniker/in für Geräte und Systeme
- Fachangestellte/r für Medien- und Informationsdienste, Fachrichtung Bibliothek
- Fachinformatiker/in, Fachrichtung Anwendungsentwicklung
- Industriemechaniker/in, Einsatzgebiet Feingerätebau
- Kaufmann/frau für Büromanagement
- Sport- und Fitnesskaufmann/frau
- Technische/r Produktdesigner/in, Fachrichtung Maschinen- und Anlagenkonstruktionen
- Werkstoffprüfer/in, Fachrichtung Kunststofftechnik
- Werkstoffprüfer/in, Fachrichtung Metalltechnik