University of Stuttgart – a future-oriented space for your vocational training!
The University of Stuttgart is a special place for vocational training. The university has developed into a respected, future-oriented place where leading-edge science gets done. Its more than 150 institutes spread over ten faculties, have over 5,500 employees and with approximately 28,000 students make the university an important partner and player in Germany’s Baden-Württemberg high-tech region. Research is a field that offers a future-oriented environment for training young people. By working on innovative international research projects with industrial applications, our trainees acquire real-world practical skills. They obtain their training in small teams supervised by an instructor with continual feedback that lets the trainees gauge their own progress.
Benefit of working for the University of Stuttgart
Besides the vocational training, the university as employer offers its apprentices supplementary offerings [de]. For example, every year for orientation purposes, we stage a Welcome Day. Beyond that, all trainees work under personalized supervision and receive special support in each stage of preparing for the subject-specific exam. The Youth and Apprentice Representative [de] organizes special events, such as excursions and barbecues on an ongoing basis.
Overview of skilled trades:
Only available in German
- Construction material tester, geotechnical engineering emphasis
- Building material tester/emphasis on mortar and concrete engineering
- Biology lab technician
- Bookbinder (manual craft)
- Chemistry lab technician
- Electronics technician for apparatus and systems
- Specialist in media and information services, library field
- Specialist, applications development
- Industrial mechanic, precision engineering operations
- Management assistant for office management
- Sport and fitness manager
- Technical product designer, machinery and equipment construction
- Materials tester, metals engineering
- Materials tester, plastics engineering
Please be aware that not all training positions are offered every year. Find out here [de] which occupations are currently on offer.