Vice Rector for Teaching and Continuing Education
Prof. Dr. phil. Cathleen Kantner
Institute of Social Sciences
Department for International Relations and European Integration
Tel.: +49 711 685-83420
Fax: +49 711 685-83432
The membership of the Extended Rectorate Board is composed of the Rectorate and the Deans of the Faculties. Also attending the Board’s meetings are permanent adjuncts of the Rectorate plus the University’s media spokesperson. The Extended Rectorate Board advises the Rectorate on:
- Development and strategic planning including staff development
- Conclusion of university contracts and agreements on objectives,
- Setting of criteria for performance and workload measurement
- Drafting the business plan,
- Distribution of the University of Stuttgart’s available professorships, positions and resources,
- Strategic research initiatives,
- Such other matters for which the Rectorate considers involvement by the Extended Board as necessary.
When the University is in session, the Rectorate convenes the Extended Rectorate Board once a month.
Meetings schedule for winter semester 2016/17:
- Wednesday, November 16, 2016, 2:30 pm
- Wednesday, December 7, 2016, 2:30 pm
- Wednesday, January 11, 2017, 2:30 pm
- Wednesday, February 8, 2017 , 2:30 pm
The Research Council advises the Rectorate on research promotion and strategy; it may on its own initiative address research-related topics. It is specifically responsible for:
- Requests for funding from the research fund for start-up financing of cooperative research undertakings (SFBs, GRKs, etc.) as provided for by the University of Stuttgart’s research promotion document;
- Requests for funding from the research fund exceeding 100k euros;
- Requests for EDP equipment, shop equipment, and large apparatus costing more than 100k euro.
- Such other requests as delegated for review to the Research Council by the Rectorate
The Research Council is chaired by the Vice Rector for Research and Future Scientists.
Research Council membership:
- Vice Rector for Research and Future Scientists, Prof. Dr. rer. nat. Thomas Ertl
- Prof. Dr. rer. nat. Peer Fischer, Institute of Physical Chemistry
- Prof. Dr.-Ing. Hans-Christian Reuss, Institute of Internal Combustion Engines and Automotive Engineering
- Prof. Dr. phil. Achim Stein, Institute of Linguistics/Romance Linguistics
- Prof. Dr.-Ing. Bernhard Weigand, Institute of Aerospace Thermodynamics
- Prof. Dr. rer. nat. Hans-Joachim Werner, Institute of Theoretical Chemistry
- Prof. Dr. rer. nat. Jörg Wrachtrup, 3. Physics Department
The Senior Advisor for International Affairs is responsible for the internationalization strategies and strategic support and coordination of the University of Stuttgart’s international activities. The Senior Advisor provides advice on fundamental questions relating to international cooperation in teaching and fosters the University’s international relationships.
Dr. Wolfgang Holtkamp
Literaturwissenschaften: Abt. Amerikanistik I
Keplerstrasse 17, 70174 Stuttgart
Tel.: +49 711 685-83091
Fax: +49 711 685-83094
The Office of the Rectorate supports and advises the Rectorate members in carrying out their duties in in keeping with best practices of professional and goal-oriented university management.
Dr.-Ing. Michael Waldbauer
Tel.: +49 711 685-81000
Fax: +49 711 685-71000
Azenbergstr. 16, room 3.001