The University of Stuttgart supports all employees in their personal and professional development. This takes the individual’s skills, personal wishes and requirements into account as well as the aims of the organization.
The programs range from leadership development and onboarding programs for new employees and different formats for continuing education to personal advice.
A good induction, and with it a successful onboarding process for new employees is important to us. New employees go through an onboarding program during the course of a year. They get all the knowledge they need for their new job.
We provide a Welcome Dinner for newly-appointed professors to kick off their careers at the University of Stuttgart. This gives them the chance to get to know their colleagues as well as the university management. Lunch meetings are then held at regular intervals so they can remain in contact.
Newly appointed professors receive support to ensure that their partner can further pursue their professional goals after relocating. The Dual Career Program at the University of Stuttgart provides an extensive service package for just this purpose.
A leadership position in science, technology or administration calls for numerous different competences. We offer our managers a number of programs to acquire and build on these skills, and support them with individualized advice so that they can carry out their various roles and tasks. The leadership program teaches all important leadership-related skills in a module-based form.
An extract from our program
- Programs for various target groups (e.g. basics of leadership, communication and managing staff, conducting employee meetings, employment law, academic autonomy/committee work)
- Target-group specific programs (e.g. leadership in administration, leadership in science, leadership in technology and handcrafts, leadership for faculty managers)
- Individual leadership programs (coaching, advice, peer coaching)
Employees can put together personalized skill-building programs from a catalog of approximately 40 continuing education courses offered every semester.
The broad program spectrum comprises the following categories:
- Practical workday skills
- Health information and classes
- Social and communication skills
- Courses on the topic of audit family-friendly university
- Learning about retirement planning
- Building IT-skills
- English classes
Team building, coaching, presenting, and mediation are some of the key instrumentalities of personnel development. Suitable formats help employees grow into their roles and foster cooperation among team members. When conflicts arise, mediation and coaching support is available (Multifamily Therapy Counseling [de]).
Our resources include experienced outside coaches and counselors.
Departments and institutes have different requirements and preferences for continuing education offerings. We design custom courses or organize outside training tailored to specific audiences on request.
Our approach in brief:
- Understand the objective of the department or institute
- Work out a concept
- Propose tentative approaches
- Design the event format
- Organize the event
Our resources include the following cooperation partners:
- Baden-Wuerttemberg Management College
- VWA – Management and Business College
- CHE – Center for Higher Education
- ZWM – Center for Science & Research Management
- dhv – German Association of University Professors and Lecturers
- IHK – Chamber of Commerce and Industry of the Stuttgart Region
The goals of the Health Management team at the University of Stuttgart are as simple as they are ambitious. We want to reduce any adverse health effects and increase the resources available for protective healthcare.
The Health Management team offers target group-specific offers, which also deals with psychosocial topics and counseling services as well as traditional health-related topics such as movement, nutrition and preventative healthcare.
The University of Stuttgart’s Health Management team was awarded with the Corporate Health Award in both 2015 and 2018.