The University of Stuttgart supports all employees in their personal and professional development. This takes the individual’s skills, personal wishes and requirements into account as well as the aims of the organization.
The programs range from leadership development and onboarding programs for new employees and different formats for continuing education to personal advice.
The Personnel Development Department offers an onboarding program for employees in the area of academic support. As an employer, the University of Stuttgart attaches great importance to fostering your enthusiasm and motivation from the very beginning. And that is why we would like to provide new employees with optimum support during the induction phase.
Every year, employees at the university can choose from a wide range of continuing education programs. This wide range of programs includes courses on the following subjects:
- Social and communication skills
- Work organization
- Project management
- Computer skills
- English courses
A leadership position in science, technology or administration calls for numerous different competences. We offer our managers a number of programs to acquire and build on these skills, and support them with individualized advice so that they can carry out their various roles and tasks. The leadership program teaches all important leadership-related skills in a module-based form.
An extract from our program
- Programs for various target groups (e.g. basics of leadership, communication and managing staff, conducting employee meetings, employment law, academic autonomy/committee work)
- Target-group specific programs (e.g. leadership in administration, leadership in science, leadership in technology and handcrafts, leadership for faculty managers)
- Individual leadership programs (coaching, advice, peer coaching)
The university also offers its own events to complement its continuing education program, aimed at the university's approximately 60 apprentices and their supervisors. In addition to specialist input specifically tailored to suit the target group, these also promote networking and strengthen the social cohesion among apprentices. For example, the courses on offer include:
- Communicative skills
- Work techniques
- Exam preparation
- Individual job application coaching
- Krav Maga
- Data protection
- Addiction prevention
- Fire safety training
Continuing education courses for apprentices and supervisors
Team building, coaching, presenting, and mediation are some of the key instrumentalities of personnel development. Suitable formats help employees grow into their roles and foster cooperation among team members. When conflicts arise, mediation and coaching support is available (Multifamily Therapy Counseling [de]).
Our resources include experienced outside coaches and counselors.
Departments and institutes have different requirements and preferences for continuing education offerings. We design custom courses or organize outside training tailored to specific audiences on request.
Our approach in brief:
- Understand the objective of the department or institute
- Work out a concept
- Propose tentative approaches
- Design the event format
- Organize the event
Our resources include the following cooperation partners:
- Baden-Wuerttemberg Management College
- VWA – Management and Business College
- CHE – Center for Higher Education
- ZWM – Center for Science & Research Management
- dhv – German Association of University Professors and Lecturers
- IHK – Chamber of Commerce and Industry of the Stuttgart Region
The goals of the Health Management team at the University of Stuttgart are as simple as they are ambitious. We want to reduce any adverse health effects and increase the resources available for protective healthcare.
The Health Management team offers target group-specific offers, which also deals with psychosocial topics and counseling services as well as traditional health-related topics such as movement, nutrition and preventative healthcare.
The University of Stuttgart’s Health Management team was awarded with the Corporate Health Award in both 2015 and 2018.
Additional further training opportunities
- The university as a place of learning
From advanced training courses to foreign languages to job-related study: The University of Stuttgart offers a broad range of further training opportunities, and is also aimed at people who are not employed or enrolled at the university.