- All applicant groups (German nationals, EU-citizens and non-EU citizens) must apply through our Campus-Management-System C@MPUS. Please do not submit any paper applications!
- You will not be charged an application fee. However, please be aware that in Baden-Württemberg international students who are not citizens of an EU/EEA country must pay tuition fees of EUR 1,500.00 per semester.
- Also pay attention to the general guidelines for applicants that you will find on the Online application web page.
- All your documents must be translated either into German or English by a licensed sworn translator. When applying, please upload your documents twice: the original version and the translated document as well.
- All documents must be legally attested by the time of enrollment.
- Please be sure to read the selection criteria and admissions statutes for Bachelor's programs (1st regular semester) or the selection criteria and admissions statutes for Master's study programs.
When applying via C@MPUS you will be asked to upload various documents. You will need to scan these documents to your computer.
EU citizens have equivalent status to German citizens but must proof their good knowledge of German. You should carefully read and follow the application instructions for Germans and international applicants with a German university entrance qualification. This is where you can see which documents you will be asked to upload in C@MPUS. Consult the application guideline for details.
Non-EU citizens also apply using the Campus-Management-System C@MPUS.
Upload the following documents directly via the application portal:
- The university entrance qualification final record that entitles you to study at university in your respective home country, together with the transcript showing individual grades
- Also, certificates or records of university entrance examinations passed abroad, including the accompanying transcript with individual grades, if your respective home country requires a university entrance examination
- All applicable higher education and university final records earned (such as from colleges or academies), including transcripts with individual grades or evidence of university examinations already taken
- Proof of the required proficiency in the German language
- Possibly other documents that you will be automatically asked for
- Country-specific documentation: Applicants from the following countries must upload these additional documents:
- Indonesia: Certificate of authenticity or authenticity note from your school or your local education authority
- Iran: Copy of the interuniversity entrance examination
- India: Certificate issued by Academic Examination Office (APS) in the Embassy of the Federal Republic of Germany
- People's Republic of China: Certificate issued by Academic Examination Office (APS) in the Embassy of the Federal Republic of Germany
- Vietnam: Certificate issued by Academic Examination Office (APS) in the Embassy of the Federal Republic of Germany
Additional documentation for applicants to Master's study programs:
- Exams extract with grade point average
- Bachelor's diploma, if you completed your Bachelor's studies and already received the diploma
- Depending on the subject, there may be supplementary amendments that you should attach to the application. You can find this on the page: Selection criteria and admission statutes for Master's study programs
- Description of the contents of your completed Bachelor's study program
Applications for International English-language Master’s study programs are also processed through the Campus-Management-System C@MPUS. Please consult the respective study programs web sites for the specific documentation you need to upload. Click here for an Overview of the Study Programs that contains additional useful information.