Master's application for Bachelor students at the University of Stuttgart
Like all other applicants, students enrolled on a Bachelor's study program at the University of Stuttgart must apply for their desired Master's program within the respective deadlines using the C@MPUS portal. However, there are some important aspects to keep in mind during the application and enrollment process:
- The semester fees and, if applicable, tuition fees must only be paid once. Please pay these during the re-registration period. This will help you avoid the possibility of being de-registered at the end of the semester. This is especially true if your bachelor's degree has not been recorded by the end of the semester.
- You do not have to deregister if you intend to enroll on a Master's study program directly after completing your Bachelor's degree at the University of Stuttgart. In this case you simply need to transfer to the Master's study program.
- Renewed proof of health insurance is generally not required for enrollment. Please read the health insurance information carefully.
- You can retain your student ID card and therefore do not need to upload a new passport photo.
- You do not need to upload your Bachelor's certificate to enroll. The record of your degree processed by the examination office is sufficient. If your degree has not yet been recorded at the time of enrollment, please follow the procedure detailed below.
All Master's applicants with a Bachelor's degree from another university must follow the usual rules for enrollment.
Instructions: Your bachelor certificate has been recorded as "not ok" during enrollment on C@MPUS. Here is what you must do:
Enrollment with conditional admission to a master's study program is only possible if you have already successfully completed your bachelor's degree.
This guide explains what you need to do if your degree has not yet been confirmed.
Who does this apply to?
This procedure only applies to the following cases:
- Students at the University of Stuttgart who are enrolled on a Bachelor's study program and
- who have a conditional admission for their chosen Master's study program (the Bachelor's degree had not yet been completed at the time of admission to the Master's program) and
- who would now like to transfer to or enroll on the Master's program and
- where the Bachelor's certificate has been recorded as "not ok" during the enrollment process.
If your Bachelor's degree has been recorded as "not ok" then please proceed as follows:
1. Check what has been recorded for your degree in C@MPUS
In order to transfer to the master's study program, you must have passed a Bachelor's degree. Therefore, please check in the application "My Study Program" on C@MPUS whether your degree has already been confirmed as passed (green P). This occurs as soon as your last open assessments have been registered as passed by your examiner. A final grade is not necessary. It is important that a green P is entered in the top line behind where study program is listed.
Please clarify with the respective examiner whether it is possible to register a provisional pass for an outstanding assessment or module (so-called pass or completion certificate).
If you have already completed all assessments and no green P has been recorded, please contact the person responsible in the Student Service and Examinations Office.
2. Downloading and uploading your transcript for enrollment.
If your degree has been confirmed, you can now download your transcript in C@MPUS (application "My Certificates and Transcripts”). Please select "Transcripts (Alles)" and save them.
Again, please make sure that "PA" is recorded in the top line behind where your study program is listed. Only then can your enrollment be processed.
Now return to your application on C@MPUS (application "My Applications") and upload your certificate there under "Bachelor certificate". Please await further verification of your enrollment.
For questions regarding application and enrollment, please contact the Application, Admission, Enrollment Department.
If you have any questions regarding the recording of assessments and examinations, please contact the Student Service and Examinations Office.
Application, Admission, Enrollment
- Further information
- Your points of contact for application, admission and enrollment on Bachelor's and Master's study programs.
Student Service and Examination Office
Pfaffenwaldring 5c, 70569 Stuttgart
- Further information
- Please contact the Student Service and Examination Office via our contact form, phone or during our office hours (onsite or online).