Commissioner for students with disabilities or chronic illnesses
If you have any questions about access to buildings or formal aspects of studying at the University of Stuttgart, you may contact the commissioner for students with disabilities at an any time. She will support you with any disability-related issues:
- Students at the University of Stuttgart find a range of information and support on various topics concerning studying with disability.
- Lecturers, members of the examinations committee and advisors find information on the website for employees (only in German). They also may get advice from the comissioner.
Advising by the comissioner is voluntary and confidential. The focus is on your questions and needs. It is available to you before you start studying and throughout your studies at the University of Stuttgart.
The Commissioner for students with disabilities or chronic illnesses provides advisory service in person, by phone and e-mail. If necessary and with your agreement she will include members of the student services and academic staff.
Appointments are available by prior arrangement only. You will find the contact details at the bottom of this page.
Directions to the House of StudentsOpen map
- S-Bahn: lines S1, S2 or S3, get off at stop "Universität". Please take the exit to "Universitätszentrum".
- Bus: lines 82, 84, 92, get off at stop "Universität" as well.
Exit the autobahn A8 (Munich – Karlsruhe) at the junction "Stuttgart-Vaihingen" towards "Stuttgart". The second exit "Universität" directly leads to the campus. Follow the roadsigns until you reach "Pfaffenwaldring".
Further advisory services at the University of Stuttgart
As coordinator and part of the University of Stuttgart’s counseling network, the Commissioner for students with disabilities or chronic illnesses works closely with other advisory services, such as University Student Counseling, academic advisors, Studienlotsen (student support advisers), the teaching ombudswoman and Stuttgart Student Services.
The Student Counselling Center (ZSB) works closely with the Commissioner for Students with Disabilities at the University of Stuttgart on disability-related topics and issues, offering support on:
- Study planning,
- Formal matters, such as examination deadlines,
- Any other issues related to applying to university or studying in general.
The Studierendenwerk Stuttgart offers additional advisory and counseling services for studying at university. Alongside general matters, they also advise on disability-specific issues, such as
- Accommodation with disability access
- Financial matters
- Legal matters.
The information center at the Deutsches Studentenwerk (DSW) for disabled students also provides information on various topics, such as
- Applications and admissions
- Financial matters
- Studying abroad
- Starting a career.