With our vision, Intelligent Systems for a Sustainable Society, we are committed to achieving our strategic goals on the way to becoming an internationally recognized top-league university.Prof. Dr.-Ing. Wolfram Ressel, Rector of the University of Stuttgart
- Since 2018
- President of the TU9 German Universities of Technology e.V.
- 2016 – 2018
- Chairman of the State of Baden Wuerttemberg Rector Conference and Vice-President of the TU9 German Institutes of Technology e.V.
- Since 2006
- Rector of the University of Stuttgart
- 2000 – 2006
- Dean of Faculty 2, Civil and Environmental Engineering
- Since 1998
- Department head, Chair for Road Design and Construction and managing director of the Institute of Road and Transportation Science at the University of Stuttgart
- 1993 – 1998
- Managing partner of an engineering firm in Munich that specialized in construction engineering and surveying
- Awarded PhD by the Chair for Transportation and Road Traffic Engineering at the Bundeswehr University Munich
- Graduated with civil engineer degree from the Technical University Munich
- born in Munich