Under certain circumstance, the University of Stuttgart can refer international applicants whose diplomas do not qualify them for directly starting academic studies at a German university to a place in a preparatory studies college.
- With a two-semester course, the college prepares you for taking the so-called assessment test. Pass it and you can apply for admission to the University of Stuttgart
- The University of Stuttgart does not have its own preparatory studies college; instead, depending on the field of specialization, you will be assigned either to the preparatory studies college at the Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (KIT) (T Core Course: mathematical, science or technical degree (KIT/Karlsruhe)) or at the Ruprecht Karls University Heidelberg (G/S Core Course: humanity or language degree (Uni Heidelberg)).
- The prerequisite for preparatory studies college is having at least 500 to 800 hours of German language learning
The application period is:
for winter semester: May 15 - July 15
for summer semester: November 15 - January 15
Applying for the Preparatory College via the Campus Management Portal C@MPUS.
- T Core Course: mathematical, science or technical degree (KIT/Karlsruhe), if you are pursuing a technical degree in your field of study.
- G/S Core Course: humanity or language degree (Uni Heidelberg), if you are pursuing a degree in a humanities or linguistics study program.
Please upload your university entrance qualification, proof of your German language skills amounting to at least 500‒800 hours and your certificates in their original language, as well as a certified translation (German or English). German applicants with a foreign university entrance qualification must also upload their admission approval from the regional administrative authority.
When indicating your intended study program, please use the text box to indicate the study program that you would like to study at the University of Stuttgart after successfully passing the Preparatory College (courses offered by the University of Stuttgart).
As soon as you have received the notification "Vormerkung zum Studienkolleg“, you can access this notification in C@MPUS under "Download notification". Only then it is possible to take the entrance examination / entrance test for the Preparatory College.
You can find important information about the further procedure like the date of and the registration for the entrance examination / entrance test in your notification.
- To attend the preparatory study college, you must take an entrance examination (at the Heidelberg preparatory college) or an entrance test (at the preparatory college in Karlsruhe) in two subjects.
- The entrance examination / entrance test may only be repeated once.
- You can only be admitted to the preparatory college if you have a student visa or the relevant residency permit at the time of admission.
- More information on the Placement Test (ET) and Entrance Examination of the Heidelberg preparatory college and the Entrance Test of the preparatory college in Karlsruhe.
Provided you have passed the assessment test following completion of your preparatory studies in no more than four semesters (including the starting semester), you can then apply to the University of Stuttgart for admission to academic studies. Please use the online application on the Online-Bewerbung (C@MPUS) and upload a copy of your completed assessment test the completed application form.