SUPER promotes the internationalization of the University of Stuttgart and supports the exchange of scientific information. In addition to doing high quality research, students gain intercultural insights and experience student life different from home.
Due to the intense level of research supervision, the number of places is extremely limited.
SUPER is generously funded by the Cristian Bürkert Foundation.
Participating institutes at the University of Stuttgart offer unique opportunities for full time research projects in a variety of disciplines. The SUPER program lasts between two to three months from June through August, depending on the duration of the research project offered by the hosting institute.
Possible fields of study:
- Architecture and Urban Planning
- Chemistry, Mathematics and Physics
- Energy Technology, Process Engineering and Biological Engineering
- Computer Science, Electrical Engineering and Information Technology
- Aerospace Engineering and Geodesy
- Engineering Design, Production Engineering and Automotive Engineering
- The High Performance Computing Center Stuttgart
Overview of SUPER research projects 2020
- HLRS - Virtual and Augmented Reality
- IABP - Machine Learning Assisted Live Cycle Assessment of Printed Circuit Boards
- IAG - Flow Control using Plasma Actuators
- IAS - AI in Industrial Automation Systems
- ICD - Research Pavillion
- ICVT - Conductivity Sensor
- ICVT - Developing Polymeric Membranes
- ICVT - Membrane Apparatus for Environmentally Friendly Industrial Processes
- IEW - Contactless Energy Transfer
- IFB - Manned Electric Fight
- IKT - Modifications for Foam Extrusion
- ISYS - System Analysis and Control
- ITT - Determination of Thermodynamic Properties
- MPA - Finite Element Simulation of Additive Manufacturing and Welding Process
- VEGAS - In-situ Chemical Oxidation Technology
- VEGAS - Mobility of Contaminants
- VEGAS - Modelling of Heath Flow in the Shallow Subsurface
- IRS - Aerodynamic Coefficient Calculation of Different IRS Satellites
- IRS - FerrAC - Ferrofluid Attitude Control
- IRS - Integrated Research Platform for Affordable Satellite
- IRS - Software for Initialization of a Satellite System Simulator
Further projects will be added.
Students who are citizens of Australia, Canada, or the United States can enter Germany with their passports. A visa is not required for visits up to 90 days. Citizens of all other (non-European Union) countries must apply for a student visa (Studentenvisum) at the German Embassy or a German Consulate in their home country prior to departing for Germany. They will need to present a letter of admission from the University of Stuttgart which the university will issue after completion of all application formalities. Check our visa page for further information.
For insurance reasons, SUPER participants must enroll as regular students at the University of Stuttgart. The approximate cost for enrollment will be EUR 110. German law requires all students to have health insurance. Non-EU citizens have to purchase a student health insurance upon arrival in Germany. Further information can be found at our health insurance page.
Upon request, the International Office can help locate accommodations in one of the student dormitories for you. More information about costs and application.
You, as a participant of SUPER, may also apply for our welcoming service which offers assistance upon arrival. It is simple to apply for. Once you are registered, an experienced student from the University of Stuttgart will contact you before you leave home and pick you up at the Stuttgart airport or central train station and accompany you to your accommodations.
SUPER participants do not pay tuition for the program, but are responsible for the rent on their student dormitory accommodations. The rent in student dormitories is approximately EUR 350 per month.
Scholarships will be awarded on a competitive basis. Applicants are notified whether they have been considered for a scholarship by the end of March each year.
The partner universities decide their own application deadlines. Selected candidates have to be nominated by the partner universities by March 1.
Applications including the official application form, a cover letter and a resume must be sent to: