- Bachelor's programs offered by the University of Stuttgart may only be started with the winter semester.
- While applications for most master’s programs are only accepted for a fall semester start, applications for certain programs may, however, be accepted for the summer semester as well.
- Please be aware that a few course programs have special deadlines, such as international study programs and those taught in English.
- All degree programs must be applied for online.
- The application period expires at midnight on the day specified. Applications will not be accepted after this deadline.
- The university does not provide special deadlines for so-called “early” high school graduates.
Summer semester 2019: the application process will probably start on December 1, 2018.
Application deadlines by type of degree program
Winter semester: The application deadline is July 15 of every year.
Summer semester: There is no admission to Bachelor's programs of the University of Stuttgart during the summer semester.
Winter semester: The application deadline is September 15 of every year.
Summer semester: No admissions to Bachelor's programs of the University of Stuttgart for the summer semester.
Please note: When applying for a combined degree program: as soon as admission to one of the majors is restricted, the application window closes on July 15 of every year.
For degree programs with limited enrollment and/or entrance exam:
- Winter semester: The application deadline is July 15 of every year.
- Summer semester: The application deadline is January 15 of every year.
For degree programs without limited enrollment and/or entrance exam:
- Winter semester: The application deadline is October 15 of every year.
- Summer semester: The application deadline is April 15 of every year.
Check the change of study program or university web page for more details.
Most Master’s programs start with the fall semester. The application deadline is usually July 15.
- For certain master’s programs that do start with the spring semester, the application deadline is January 15.
- Master’s work-study programs, as well as international master’s programs and those taught in English have special application deadlines. Please check with the individual degree program.
For more details on the individual application deadlines, please refer to the Master's Programs Catalog.
For Physical Education Teaching Qualification B.A. as well as "Erweiterungsmaster" and German-French Social Sciences degree programs, these additional special deadlines apply:
- Application deadline for taking the sports entrance examination: May 15
- Application deadline for taking the entrance examination for the German-French Social Sciences bachelor's degree: May 15