- Special deadlines: Please be aware that international study programs and those taught in English have special deadlines and application procedures.
- Bachelor's programs offered by the University of Stuttgart may only be started with the winter semester.
- All degree programs must be applied for online.
- The application period expires at midnight on the day specified. Applications will not be accepted after this deadline.
- The university does not provide special deadlines for so-called “early” high school graduates.
Application deadlines by type of degree program
As a rule: The application deadline is July 15.
Application winter semester 2021/22: The application deadline will be July 31, 2021.
There is no admission to Bachelor's programs of the University of Stuttgart during the summer semester.
Winter semester: The application deadline is September 15.
Summer semester: No admissions to Bachelor's programs of the University of Stuttgart for the summer semester.
Please note: When applying for a combined degree program: as soon as admission to one of the majors is restricted, the application window closes on July 15.
For degree programs with limited enrollment and/or entrance exam:
- Winter semester: The application deadline is July 15 (application deadline for winter semester 2021/22: July 31, 2021)
- Summer semester: The application deadline is January 15.
For degree programs without limited enrollment and/or entrance exam:
- Winter semester: The application deadline is October 15.
- Summer semester: The application deadline is April 15.
International Master’s programs and those taught in English have special application deadlines.
Most Master’s programs start with the fall semester. The application deadline is usually July 15.
Certain master’s programs also start with the spring semester, the application deadline is January 15.
For Physical Education Teaching Qualification B.A. as well as "Erweiterungsmaster" and German-French Social Sciences degree programs, these additional special deadlines apply: