All applications are made via the C@MPUS management portal. Please do not hand in any paper applications! Also, be sure to heed our application deadlines.
It takes three steps to apply for studies at the University of Stuttgart: Apply, get accepted; if accepted, enroll. After you have enrolled, you can download various student documents in C@MPUS.
3 steps to your studies
Please do the following when applying to the University of Stuttgart:
- To start your application process, please go to the C@MPUS web page and create a C@MPUS basis account. After registration you will receive an email with further instructions. If you are already registered with a student account, you can use this for your application.
- If you are a former student and no longer have an active ST-Account, you should also fill out the registration form. You will then receive an email with further instructions.
- Current employees, who are also former students and wish to submit a new application or register as a PhD student should contact C@MPUS support via e-mail.
- You can find further information on how to register on C@MPUS and create your basis account in the document: C@MPUS basis account: registration and account creation
- Fill in the fields in C@MPUS and upload the documents asked for in pdf format. Your data entries will remain stored. You can interrupt the application process and resume it later. Find out which documents you will need on the following website: selection criteria and admission requirements of the study programs.
- When finished, confirm on the control view that your entries are correct (check them off!) and click ”Send.”
- As needed, upload any documents still pending and wait for them to be processed by the University of Stuttgart. You will be informed via e-mail when the application status changes or questions arise.
- After you receive an e-mail notice from the University of Stuttgart to enroll, you can continue with the enrollment process.
Accepting the study place:
- Provided your application passes muster and you are notified of acceptance to the study program applied for, you will be asked via e-mail to accept the study place in the C@MPUS application portal.
- You do not incur any obligations by your non-binding study place acceptance; you are simply acknowledging your continued interest in studying.
- Fill in the missing data in the request for enrollment, upload your passport photo and proof of health insurance and transfer the fees due.
- Next, print out your enrollment request, sign it, enclose any missing documentation and send the package by postal mail to the Application, Admission, Enrollment Department.
- The documents you need to upload or enclose are listed at the end of enrollment request. You can find a general overview on the enrollment web page.
- If any of your uploaded documents cannot be accepted, you will be informed by e-mail and can check the document status in the application portal.
- After you have paid all fees and the complete enrollment application with all attachments has been received by the Application, Admission, Enrollment Department and has passed review, your status will change to enrolled. Once again, you will get an e-mail notice to that effect.
- After you are enrolled, you can access your student documents.
3. Student documents
- A day after enrolling, applicants receive a link for activating their new student account. It must be activated within 2 months. You will find more information about it in the guide to activating the student account.
- Using your account, you can then download your studies certification. It will also have information about how to re-register in the future.
- After a few days, you will receive your student ID card ECUS by postal mail. It also serves as your library card.
- Your ECUS is valid for one semester, in conjunction with ECUS stamps - please print these from your C@MPUS account after you have enrolled (or received enrolment confirmation for following semesters).
Do you have any questions about, or are you experiencing issues with the application process?
Points of contact for any questions about studying
- Further information
- Contact form for any questions about applying to study, or studying in general.
Application, Admission, Enrollment
- Further information
- Your points of contact for application, admission and enrollment on Bachelor's and Master's study programs.