An experienced student will accompany you during your first semester in Stuttgart and support you with:
- Study organisation
- Orientation on campus
- Getting to know Stuttgart
- Practicing German and learning about German culture
- are beginning their Bachelor’s or Master’s studies at the University of Stuttgart (full-degree)
- are interested in German and other cultures
- are open to sharing their own culture and experiences
- are able to commit to a structured program (see below) and regular meetings with their mentor - an experienced student - for one semester.
Are you a non-degree student? Have a look at our buddy program ready.study.stuttgart!
- one-on-one mentoring with an experienced student for one semester
- a mentor from your study area, whenever possible
- thorough preparation of mentees and mentors
- support during the semester to ensure functioning mentoring relationships
- interesting workshops and courses taught by students for students
- a recreational program with roundtables and excursions and online activities
Just looking for events, not mentoring? Check out the events offered by our buddy program ready.study.stuttgart!
Need help during arrival and with the initial formalities? Sometimes we can match you with your mentor before you arrive. Otherwise, the buddy program ready.study.stuttgart and the orientation events of the International Office can help you during your first days in Stuttgart.
Have questions or need help with something not mentioned here? Write to firstname.lastname@example.org. The International Office is happy to help!
- Please complete the registration form.
- You will be invited to a short online meeting where we discuss your interests, needs, and expectations of the Mentoring Program.
- In a one-day introductory seminar (online, several dates to choose from) you will learn what the Intercultural Mentoring Program is about and how to make your mentoring partnership work. You will meet other participants and receive basic intercultural training.
- Get ready! Your mentor will contact you to arrange the first meeting. This usually happens around the same time that lectures start.
- The Kick-Off event, the official start of the mentoring semester, presents the courses, workshops and activities planned for the semester and concludes with a meet-up with the other mentors and mentees!