This special apprenticeship program trains our 70 Azubis for work that supports cutting-edge research at the University of Stuttgart. Apprenticed in approximately 150 institutes, they train to become industrial mechanics, carpenters, chemistry lab technician and for many other trades specialized for an academic environment.
Among Azubi activities are building test set-ups, evaluating lab test results, or crafting the apparatus needed for research – these basics are the responsibility of skilled craftsmen and women throughout.
Overview of skilled trades
Only available in German
- Construction material tester, geotechnical engineering emphasis
- Biology lab technician
- Bookbinder (manual craft)
- Chemistry lab technician
- Electronics technician for apparatus and systems
- Specialist in media and information services, library field
- Specialist, applications development
- Industrial mechanic, precision engineering operations
- Management assistant for office management
- Technical product designer, machinery and equipment construction
- Materials tester, metals engineering
- Materials tester, plastics engineering