Digital media have revolutionized our society. In all fields, digital technologies today are largely replacing analog media and communications channels. Interactive computer technology today is an integral part of many systems and machines. To design such systems to be intuitively usable, efficient, secure and attractive, systems developers need comprehensive computer science knowledge.
The media computer science Bachelor’s program combines studying computer science with learning about digital media, human-computer interaction, computer graphics, natural language processing and digital networks. It thereby creates the foundation for new designs or adaptation of digital systems to specifically human requirements.
- Affinity for mathematics – especially, for its formal, abstract methods and the need to think logically
- Interest in problem-solving strategies and programming
- Interest in understanding relationships
- No computer phobias
- Being communicative and open-minded
- Good English and German language skills
- Prior programming skills are helpful in getting started but are not required
The quality of this degree program has been certified.