- AS MAJOR SUBJECT
- AS MINOR SUBJECT
Bachelor of Arts
STANDARD PERIOD OF STUDY
The Bachelor's in English study program covers English language, literature, and culture. It comprises linguistic, literary and cultural studies components.
Aside from teaching from canonical texts of English-language literature, the section on American and English literary studies takes up questions of postmodernism, post-colonialism, interdisciplinary cultural studies and media studies.
The English language linguistics segment focuses on the core disciplines of linguistics: phonetics, syntax, morphology, and semantics. It also covers the history of the English language and language acquisition in its phonetic, cognitive, and neurolinguistics aspects.
The requisites are:
- Having an abiding interest in the English language, literature, and culture
- Possessing very good knowledge of the language and willingness and motivation to improve it even further
- Being curious about doing work in complex areas of literature and linguistics
- Institute for Literary Studies
Information on the degree courses
- Information on Bachelor's degrees
Which institutes are involved in this study program?
The quality of this degree program has been certified.