- TEACHING QUALIFICATION
in the course of your studies
STANDARD PERIOD OF STUDY
Please consult our information on application for international prospective students.
Computer science is the science of information processing and of the systems that process information. Information systems are a fact or daily life. To keep up with these developments and shape them competently, basic knowledge of the subject must already be taught in school. This is the task that graduates in computer science take on.
In computer science (teaching qualification) as major subject you learn the technical fundamentals. Students are introduced to formal methods and how to apply them. One area of application is analyzing the general conformity of abstract objects. You will develop a trained abstraction ability and learn how to formulate complex content with precision. In addition, you will learn how to turn theoretical knowledge into practical applications as well as to work in a technically correct manner with the new media.
- Affinity for mathematics – enjoyment of formal-abstract methods and logical thinking
- Interest in problem solving strategies and programming
- Interest in understanding dependencies
- No aversion to working with computers
- Good communications ability and open mindedness
- Good knowledge of English and German
- While previous programming experience is not required, it will make it easier to get started