- AS BACHELOR OF SCIENCE
STANDARD PERIOD OF STUDY
Computer sciences studies are characterized by the interaction of two very distinct approaches:
- Information, the raw material of computer science, is abstract; hence, computer science, on the one hand, investigates the general conformity of abstract objects and, like mathematics, is one of the structural sciences.
- On the other hand, real systems must be investigated and created, wherein methods and processes of engineering science predominate.
Only by marrying the two can the complexity of modern computer systems be mastered. In the computer science Bachelor’s study program, you will acquire the relevant competences both for abstract and formal thinking as well as for practical application.
- Affinity for mathematics – especially for its formal-abstract methods and logical thinking
- Interest in problem solving strategies and programming
- Interest in understanding dependencies
- No aversion to working with computers
- Good communications ability and open-mindedness
- Good knowledge of English and German
- While previous programming experience is not required, it will make it easier to get started
The quality of this degree program has been certified.