Despite the current travel restrictions, the University of Stuttgart is eagerly anticipating the arrival of numerous international students from all over the world. Due to visa problems and travel restrictions, many students were forced to begin their studies online at home. In order to offer as much support as possible to all of our students during the Corona pandemic, the International Office is offering a wide range of informative online events. To ensure that our international students also have to chance to meet their fellow students and employees from the International Office, a limited number of informative meetings will also be taking place face-to-face. Registration is possible on the pages for international students.
- Important information about living and studying in Stuttgart will be communicated to all students enrolled in international master's study programs on 22 October at 1:30 p.m. in the online seminar "Living and studying for newbies".
- International students who are enrolled on German study programs are invited to take part in the online seminar "Perfekt vorbereitet in die erste Vorlesungswoche" on 27 October at 3 p.m. to find out more about studying at the University of Stuttgart.
- The "Guidance on formalities" offers international students important information about the formalities that they need to take care when first arriving in Stuttgart. This event will be taking place weekly from 9 October to 13 November, every Friday from 10 a.m. to 11.30 a.m.
- If you have any further questions, it is of course possible to make use of the open online consultation hours via Webex, every Monday and Wednesday from 1:30 p.m. to 4 p.m. and Tuesdays and Thursdays from 10 a.m. to 12 p.m., organized by the International Students Department.
- New international students can collect welcome packets containing important information and brochures from the welcome stand in front of the International Center. It is open every Wednesday from 21 October to 11 November from 11 a.m. to 12 p.m.
- To compensate for the reduction in personal consultation hours, the International Office is offering “walk and talk” sessions. These will take place on 28 October and 4 November from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. in front of the International Center. This gives international students to chance to meet those in charge and to ask any questions in an informal atmosphere, while simultaneously getting to know the Vaihingen campus.
- The buddy program "ready.study.stuttgart" [de] offers guided shopping and campus tours. On Saturday 24 October and 7 November at 2 p.m., new international students can join us to discover where they can buy food and everyday necessities, and take a guided tour of the campus as part of a small group.