The media-friendly and public presentation of research activities within the framework of funded projects is explicitly required by all funding sources at the federal, state, and EU levels. In addition, it is an important criterion in the approval of follow-up proposals. Public relations work increases the visibility and reputation of the institutes as well as the researchers; studies indicate a positive impact on the citation rate. The University of Stuttgart, too, aims to become ever more visible as a nationally and internationally outstanding research university.
In this guideline, you will learn how to effectively manage your public relations activities and how the University Communications Office (HKom) can support you in the process. It now includes the topics
- Requirements on the part of the project sponsors
- Occasions for research-related public relations
- Key channels of University Communications
- Five steps to effective research reporting
- Other support options
If you have any questions or require further advice, please do not hesitate to contact the employees of the University Communications.
- University Communications, Tel. 0711 685 82211, email@example.com