Starting in a new country is always associated with great challenges. Are you keen to meet new international students from all over the world and support them starting out in Stuttgart? Then become a buddy in the buddy program “ready.study.stuttgart”. We offer a varied program with great activities for buddies and international students. As a thank-you for the commitment, buddies who are living in a student residence of the Studierendenwerk will obtain, among other things, a one-semester extension of their allowed maximum stay. Introductory workshops for new buddies will begin in July.
If you would like to get involved as a buddy, you must meet the following requirements:
- Ideally, you are a student in a higher semester (starting from the 3rd semester) and have been enrolled at the University of Stuttgart at least for a year.
- You are fluent in German and speak English very well (other foreign languages are a plus).
- You like working together with international students.
- You are available especially during the main months of arrival, which are March/April and September/October.
- You are willing to attend an introductory workshop with intercultural training.
- You are keen to help organize a program for international students.
Further information on tasks, benefits, and registration can be found on the buddy program’s website [de].