For years there has been a lack of adequate personnel in the sector of International
Construction and International Law in the real estate and construction industry – the increasing
internationalization of companies causes a growing need of qualified and managerial personnel. This
need is not covered sufficiently by appropriate training at top-notch levels, at least when
considered continental Europe.
Thus, the goal of this master's study program is to comprehensively train students for the required juridical, economic and engineering skills in international construction and international law and to give them a deep insight into practical knowledge.
The program is suitable for a range of professionals working in the construction industry such
as construction, engineering, architecture or surveying alongside lawyers interested in
specializing in international construction and law.
Graduation in Architecture, Civil Engineering, Real Estate Engineering and Management, Law or the like and a career experience of minimum two years in the mentioned or relevant fields are necessary. The study program is taught in English, which is why sufficient skills of the English language are compulsory.
The Module Guide describes the modules and the required courses belonging to the module.
- The Module Guide (also called module handbook) is published in the Campus Management System C@MPUS [de] (please click as follows: choose the degree - click on the book behind the study program's name).
What documentation do I need to include with my application?
- The completed application form which you can download within the application process.
- A certified copy of your academic degree certificate(s) of graduation in an at least six-semester, at the minimum of 180 credits spanning diploma, bachelor or master degree course (or equal degree) in Architecture, Civil Engineering, Real Estate Engineering and Mangement, Law, State Examination course Law, or the like.
- Proof of specified career experience of minimum two years. A short CV if at hand (please include all details of any qualifications and continuous education and all previous employers with details of roles and dates of employment).
The complete information on the admission process, required knowledge of English, and the criteria for the assessment of professional suitability can be found in the admission regulations.
- Admission regulations [de] (available only in German)
If English is not your native language, an evidence of advanced English language knowledge is required (TOEFL PBT 550 Points; TOEFL CBT 213 Points; TOEFL iBT 80 Points; IELTS at least Band 6.0; Cambridge ESOL CAE/CPE; for graduates of English speaking bachelor courses, a certification of the universtity suffices).
Application deadline: 15 January for summer semester
There's a wide range of career opportunities in the construction and real estate industry.
Specific branches are: project development, project management, construction management, consulting, facility management, architecture, engineering, lawyers and many more.
Job descriptions can be: site manager, claim manager, contract manager, consultant, asset manager, facility manager, lawyer and many more.
The total cost of the MBE programm is ~ 18.880€. Payment will be made by installments before the start of each semester.