For years there has been a shortage of suitable skilled employees and managerial staff in the real estate and construction industries, particularly in the fields of international construction and building law. Available training is failing to meet requirements, both in terms of quantity and quality, in the short, middle and long term. The increasing internationalization of companies active in the construction and real estate industries is compounding the situation.
The ability to work successfully in an international field requires specialist knowledge of standard international contracts, such as those used by the World Bank and many other international development banks.
The postgraduate further education study program International Construction: Practice and Law aims to help fill this gap in the market. In this study program, you will learn about the technical, financial and legal aspects of international construction from both theoretical and practical perspectives.
The program is suitable for a range of professionals working in the construction industry such as architecture, construction, engineering, or surveying, as well as lawyers interested in specializing in international construction and law.
Applicants must have at least two years’ work experience. The course is taught in English, so applicants must also demonstrate sufficient English skills.
The Module Guide describes the modules and the required courses belonging to the module.
- The Module Guide (also called module handbook) is published in the Campus Management System C@MPUS [de] (please click as follows: choose the degree - click on the book behind the study program's name).
What documentation do I need to include with my application?
- The completed application form which you can download within the application process.
- A certified copy of your academic degree certificate(s) of graduation in an at least six-semester, at the minimum of 180 credits spanning diploma, bachelor or master degree course (or equal degree) in Architecture, Civil Engineering, Real Estate Engineering and Mangement, Law, State Examination course Law, or the like.
- Proof of specified career experience of minimum two years. A short CV if at hand (please include all details of any qualifications and continuous education and all previous employers with details of roles and dates of employment).
The complete information on the admission process, required knowledge of English, and the criteria for the assessment of professional suitability can be found in the admission regulations.
- Admission regulations [de] (available only in German)
If English is not your native language, an evidence of advanced English language knowledge is required (TOEFL PBT 550 Points; TOEFL CBT 213 Points; TOEFL iBT 80 Points; IELTS at least Band 6.0; Cambridge ESOL CAE/CPE; for graduates of English speaking bachelor courses, a certification of the universtity suffices).
Application deadline: 15 January for summer semester
There's a wide range of career opportunities in the construction and real estate industry.
Specific branches are: project development, project management, construction management, consulting, facility management, architecture, engineering, lawyers and many more.
Job descriptions can be: site manager, claim manager, contract manager, consultant, asset manager, facility manager, lawyer and many more.
The total cost of the MBE programm is ~ 18.880€. Payment will be made by installments before the start of each semester.