In practically all areas of modern life, software plays a pivotal role: it controls devices like smartphones, navigation systems, computers, robots, etc. Software engineering comprises the systematic creation of software as well as development of concepts for large-scale software projects. It provides methods for software development itself – from analysis to design to implementation. But it also offers models for defining or testing software quality.
Students learn to conceptualize and develop software, adapt existing software and restructure and reuse it. Thanks to the practically-oriented approach, students are already familiarized during their studies with the typical situations they will encounter later in their work.
- Affinity for mathematics – especially, for the formal, abstract methods it conveys and for logical thinking
- Interest in problem-solving strategies and programming
- Interest in understanding relationships
- No computer phobias
- Being communicative and open-minded
- Possess good English and German language skills
- Prior programming skills are helpful in getting started but are not required
The quality of this degree program has been certified.