This Master’s studies program deepens knowledge of mechanical engineering with a specialization in the field of micro engineering, apparatus technology, or technical optics in application to the following occupational fields:
- Micro- or nanotechnology
- Microsystems engineering
- Electronics manufacturing
- Actuator engineering in apparatus technology
- Apparatus design and manufacture
- Lasers in materials processing
- Technical optics and optical measurement systems Biomedical technology and medical device technology
These studies are scientifically-based, research-oriented, but also application-related. Students benefit from comprehensive supervisory offerings.
A twelve-week industrial internship is an important component of this study program, providing students with practical insights into what it is like to work in this growth market.
The Master’s study program in Mechanical Engineering / Micro Engineering, Apparatus Technology and Technical Optics is for Bachelor’s degree holders in the following fields:
- Mechanical engineering
- Automotive and engine technology
- Technology management
- Engineering cybernetics
- Aerospace engineering
- Electrical engineering and information technology
- Physics (conditionally)
You should bring to these studies a definite interest in science and research and you should enjoy experimentation. The Master’s study program offers you the opportunity to apply what you have previously learned and relate it to practical solutions for technical challenges.