Thanks to the virtually infinite amount of information available instantly to anyone anywhere, our technological progress keeps accelerating. New technologies that influence and alter our behavior and way of life, save resources and increase our potential are continuously being created, and the field of electrical engineering plays a key role at the center of it all.
The English language Master’s study program Electrical Engineering offers six specializations to choose from:
- Smart Information Processing,
- Communication Systems,
- Nano- and Optoelectronics,
- Power-electronic Systems and Technologies,
- Smart Sensors,
- Electromagnetics and Applications.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Information Technology or other related field
- Ability to work and learn independently
- English language proficiency (minimum C1 or equivalent)
Global employment opportunities are open to graduates, in research and development (R&D), the technical management or business sectors of industrial companies, or they may also continue on with a doctoral degree.
The opportunities are endless as further career prospects are opening up in fields such as Industry 4.0, autonomous driving, digitalization, artificial intelligence and the information society.
Studying abroad: what opportunities does the University of Stuttgart has to offer?
Are you interested in going on exchange for a semester or two? Or would you rather do some research or attend a language course? Have you ever thought of joining a Summer School or planned an internship abroad? Whatever you have in mind for your exchange, the International Office will help you make your stay abroad an unforgettable experience. The first step will be to sign up online for our information sessions at the International Office that are offered on a regular basis. We look forward to your registration!
- Studying abroad
information sessions, partner universities, language requirements, application deadlines, scholarships
Application and admission: how do I get a place at the University?
The complete information on the admission process, required knowledge of English, and the criteria for the assessment of professional suitability can be found in the admission regulations.
- General information on the Master's application
- FAQ and application information
The department of electrical engineering informs about the application process.
In order to study you must show proof that you have advanced English skills of at least level C1. You will need either:
- Recognized certificates (e.g. TOEFL ibt 95 points or IELTS Band 7)
- At least six semesters on a Bachelor’s study program in the English language.
Please apply for this study program 9 months in advance.
Application period for the The winter semester starts in October. The summer semester starts in April.
December 1 – January 15
May 15 – July 15
The winter semester starts in October.
The summer semester starts in April.
How is the program structured?
The Module Guide (also called module handbook) describes the modules and the required courses belonging to the module. It is published in the Campus Management System C@MPUS.
- Module Guide in the Campus Management System C@MPUS [de]
Please click on the book symbol behind the study program's name.
- Program Website
Further information for prospective students
- Information on Master's degrees
The quality of this degree program has been certified.
Electrical Engineering and Information Technology student services
- Further information
- Write e-mail
- General information about the courses of studies of the department of electrical engineering.