- AS BACHELOR OF SCIENCE
before start of studies
STANDARD PERIOD OF STUDY
Please consult our information on application for international prospective students. It is also possible to study Mechanical Engineering as a minor subject.
You are not only interested in how something works, but also why something works in a particular way? Then Mechanical Engineering is the right study program for you. Located at a technology hub, the University of Stuttgart offers you one of the widest ranges of courses in Germany, also taking into account topical issues such as digitalization and Industry 4.0. In addition to science and mathematics skills, a whole spectrum of engineering fundamentals is part of the study program. You will not only learn to understand creative, engineered solutions, but also how to do your own research and how to develop them yourself.
- A keen interest in technology
- Good maths and physics skills because these subjects will be the basis of your university studies. You can also brush up your existing knowledge in a four-week refresher course.
- A capacity for abstract thinking and spatial imagination is a plus.
- With the Bachelor’s degree program in Mechanical Engineering, you will have access to one of the widest ranges of courses offered in Germany.
- The study program offers you a sound basic education in the most important disciplines of mechanical engineering. After core studies, the large variety of courses offers many options to choose from. In this way, you can focus on your interests and specialize in a particular discipline.
- Experience a practice-oriented education in the “Region of Stuttgart”, which is a hub of technology and innovation. There are numerous close collaborations with partners from industry, business, and science. In addition to the latest research findings from the institutes, entrepreneurial experience and developments from practice are thus integrated into teaching.
You will be provided with fundamentals of the natural and engineering sciences that are generally applicable in mechanical engineering. This will enable you to specialize in a variety of fields. Potential employers include all manufacturers of technical products such as machines, tools, and electronic components, but also automotive manufacturers, engineering firms, and research and scientific institutions.
In particular, the Bachelor’s degree program prepares students for further Master’s degree studies.
Language requirements: Studying at the university requires sufficient German language skills. International students must therefore provide appropriate proof. It is also possible to complete a language course at the university.
Please consult our information on application for international prospective students.
The quality of this degree program has been certified.