- You are enrolled at a university in your home country or a country other than Germany, which is not a partner institution of the University of Stuttgart
- You want to study at the University of Stuttgart for one or two semesters on an individual basis outside an official exchange program
- You do not seek a degree at the University of Stuttgart
- You can speak German at a C1/C2 level (or a level corresponding to 800 hours/or 4 years of coursework in German)
A semester tuition fee of 1500 EUR is likely to be charged from non-EU students with effect of winter semester 2017/18. The final decision will be made by the parliament of the state of Baden-Württemberg by late May/early June. More information regarding tuitions and fees will be available on the homepage of the University of Stuttgart .
In order to apply you need to find an academic supervisor at the University of Stuttgart. Typically, this will be a professor in the faculty or institute of your interest.
Application for admission is only possible via the online portal C@MPUS.
Before you start the application process we highly recommend that you carefully read the application guideline for admission as a freemover. Please be sure to apply for your course of study as a non-degree student individual.
Be sure to attach the following documents (certified copies, if possible):
- University entrance qualification (e.g. baccalauréat, Gao Kao, high school diploma, etc.)
- Course transcript from your current university
- Letter of a professor of the University of Stuttgart confirming that he or she is willing to supervise you academically
- Passport photo
- Confirmation from your academic supervisor, if you are exempted from the German language requirement
July 15 for applications for the winter semester
February 15 for applications for the summer semester
Please see our further information on the application process of the University of Stuttgart.
Provided you have submitted your online application for admission correctly and completely by the given deadline, you will be able to download your letter of admission (Zulassungsbescheid) from C@MPUS no later than four weeks from the application deadline.
Once you have arrived in Stuttgart, you have to continue with the enrollment procedure. Please open your C@MPUS student account and upload the following documents:
- Your letter of admission (Zulassungsbescheid)
- Copy of your residence permit or visa which must be valid for at least six months (applies to non-EU citizens only)
- Proof of health insurance
- Proof of payment of the semester contribution
To ensure that your enrollment will be successful we strongly recommend that you follow our C@MPUS enrollment guidelines. We also suggest that you pick up a copy of the Welcome Guide at the information desk of the International Office (IZ).