Would you like to spend up to one year in the heart of Europe and in one of the most cutting-edge regions of Germany?
The University of Stuttgart welcomes exchange students from partner universities in Europe and Turkey! Please consider that the Erasmus program requires a minimum of German proficiency.
Are you an Erasmus student?
You are, if the following criteria apply to you:
- You are enrolled at a partner university of the University of Stuttgart in the European Union, in Norway, Switzerland (Swiss Mobility) or in Turkey.
- You want to study for one or two semesters at the University of Stuttgart.
- You can prove a German proficiency of B1 or above.
You need to be officially nominated by your home university. We are looking forward to your application!
Deadlines: April 1 (for the following winter semester), October 1 (for the following summer semester)
Please contact the International Office of your home university to complete this step before proceeding to Step 2.
Deadlines: May 1 (for the following winter semester), November 1 (for the following summer semester)
As soon as you have been nominated under Step 1, you will be provided with the link to the Mobility-Online portal. Please upload the following documents on the registration platform:
- A passport sized photo
- Transcript of records from your home university (either in English or in German)
- Your learning agreement (signed by you and your home university)
- Proof of German language skills (minimum B1) OR
- Proof of English language skills (minimum B2)
- You can register for the intensive German course (IGC) via Mobility-Online as well
- In case your German skills are lower than B1, participation in the intensive German course is mandatory
After you have uploaded your complete documents, they will be sent automatically to your academic Erasmus advisor who will sign the learning agreement. Please upload the final learning agreement (signed by you, your home university and the academic Erasmus advisor at the University of Stuttgart) at your Mobility-Online account and send it to the Office of International Affairs.
Incoming students, who would like to write a Bachelor or Master thesis in the field of Engineering at our university, will have to apply for a 1-year exchange (2 semesters):
- 1st semester: You will take courses and look independently for a thesis topic and a supervisor during the exchange semester.
- 2nd semester: You may write the thesis, if you have found a thesis topic and a supervisor. If not you will be able to take courses at our university instead or write the thesis at e.g. your home institution.
You will have to find a supervisor for your thesis yourself. The Office of International Affairs and the academic Erasmus advisor are not able to assist in finding a suitable thesis topic and supervisor. You can only be enrolled as a student at the University of Stuttgart after we have received a confirmation from your thesis supervisor in Stuttgart.
Deadlines: June 1 (for the following winter semester), December 1 (for the following summer semester)
After completing your registration on the Mobility-Online platform, you can apply for admission as a non-degree program student via our web-based application system C@MPUS.
The C@MPUS portal will be open as of mid-May/mid-November.
To ensure a successful application process, we strongly recommend that you follow our C@MPUS guideline.
Follow the instructions given and upload:
- Application form for admission after first printing it out from the C@MPUS portal and signing it
- Transcript of records
- Higher education entrance qualification (e.g. baccalauréat, high school diploma etc.)
If your online application is correct and completed by the given deadline, you will be able to download your letter of admission (Zulassungsbescheid) on the C@MPUS platform no later than four weeks after the deadline.
Once you have downloaded your letter of admission, please read our Pre-departure information. It covers all the important information you need to get ready, including how to get health insurance, set up a bank account and enroll once you are here.
Please continue with the enrollment procedure after your arrival in Stuttgart via your C@MPUS applicant account. To make sure that your enrollment will be successful, be sure to follow our C@MPUS guideline. Please remember that you will be asked to pay a semester fee at the time of enrollment. The bank details required for payment of fees will be found in your C@MPUS account.