This two-year Master’s degree program in Italian (Teaching Degree) covers the subject areas of Italian linguistics, literature, cultural studies, as well as speaking practice and subject-specific pedagogy. Different options for designing the course of studies make this a flexible study program.
A comprehensive module combining linguistics and literature serves to deepen relevant contact and theories. This module is complemented by intensified regional cultural studies and immersion in the language. Subject-specific pedagogical content and a school internship semester help prepare the prospective teachers to approach teaching Italian in school classrooms.
Prospective students should:
- be interested in languages and culture
- enjoy reading, writing and analyzing
- develop individual initiative, work independently and with precision
- be able to present results achieved in public
- be prepared for a stay abroad.