This study program is not offered in English. For further information please visit the German version of the study program.
This additional subject Master’s program deals with Anglophone literature, culture, and the English language in a global context. Students in the program deepen the knowledge acquired in the subject areas of linguistics, literature and cultural sciences during the Bachelor’s program, and they learn how to independently work on scholarly questions. In addition, subject-specific study contents and a school internship semester prepare future teachers for how to approach teaching English in school classrooms.
The additional subject Master’s degree is always studied in conjunction with standard teaching degree studies. The Master’s lets students achieve the right to teach a third subject.
- A genuine interest in the English language, literature, and culture.
- Very good knowledge of the language and being prepared and motivated to keep improving it.
- An inquiring mind, ready to work in complex areas of literature and linguistics.
- Institute for Literary Studies
Information on the degree courses
- Information on Master of Education (additional subject)
Contact for further questions
Study Programme Manager Anglistics/English