Non-degree students individual (freemover)

This non-degree status allows international students to spend one or two semesters at the University of Stuttgart outside an official exchange agreement.

We are pleased that you are interested in studying at the University of Stuttgart as a non-degree student (freemover).

Are you a non-degree student individual (freemover)?

If the following criteria apply to you, then you are:

  • You are enrolled at a university in your home country or a country other than Germany, which is not a partner institution of the University of Stuttgart
  • You want to study at the University of Stuttgart for one or two semesters on an individual basis outside an official exchange program
  • You do not seek a degree at the University of Stuttgart
  • You can speak German at a C1/C2 level (or a level corresponding to 800 hours/or 4 years of coursework in German)

Are you a doctoral student?

Please note: Tuition fee

A semester tuition fee is charged with effect of winter semester 2017/18. More information regarding tuitions and fees are available on the homepage of the University of Stuttgart.


Dieses Bild zeigt Admissions Office for Foreign Nationals and EU Citizens
  • Write e-mail
  • We have moved! You will find us in the House of Students, Pfaffenwaldring 5c, at the Stuttgart-Vaihingen campus!