Computer science is the science of information processing and of the systems that process the information. Information processing systems are a fact or daily life. Studying for a Bachelor’s of Art degree with a minor in computer science will let you competently keep up with these developments and apply them in other areas.
The B.A. studies in this case consist of a major subject and the minor in computer science. You may choose your major from a list of eight subjects that will make up a distinctly larger part of your studies than the minor subject. In the computer science minor, you will develop a trained abstraction ability, learn how to formulate complex content with precision, as well as how to work with the new media in a technically correct manner.
- Affinity for mathematics – especially for its formal-abstract methods and logical thinking
- Interest in problem solving strategies and programming
- Interest in understanding correlations
- No aversion to working with computers
- Good communications ability and open mindedness
- Good knowledge of English and German
- While previous programming experience is not required, it will help in getting started