The intensive course
- You are a visiting program student or exchange student.
- (Overseas) You have at least 200 hours of previous instruction in the German language.
- You are enrolled at the University of Stuttgart as a visiting program student or an exchange student for a minimum of one semester.
- Winter semester 2016/17 classes run from 1 September to 7 October 2016
- Arrival date: Thursday, 1 September 2016
- Monday – Friday, 08:00 am – 1:15 pm or 1:30 pm – 6:45 pm
As part of the course, the participants will be offered an orientation event and intercultural training.
- Summer semester 2016 classes run from: March 1 to April 1 2016
- Arrival date: Monday, March 1, 2016
- Mondays – Fridays 08:00 am – 1:15 pm or 1:30 pm – 6:45 pm
As part of the course, participants will be offered an orientation event and intercultural training.
The intensive German as a second language courses are offered for the following different language/proficiency levels:
- Winter semester: no later than 1 May
- Summer semester: no later than 1 November
- Application form (Hyperlink)
- Be sure to show up punctually on the arrival dates specified under “Key dates” above.
- Register in the Incoming Section of the International Division.
The following proficiency levels are offered in the extensive German as a Second Language course:
- A2 (A 2.1, A 2.2, A 2+)
- B1 (B 1.1, B 1.2, B 1+)
Winter semester 2016/17:
- Classes formed by: 13 October 2016*
- Classes start: 17 October 2016 – Classes end: 9 February 2017
- Christmas vacation: 17 December 17 2016 – 8 January 2017*
*Class divisions are posted in the lobby area of the Intercultural Training Section, International Division.
*Participants will also be notified by email.
Students with good attendance at the extensive course and that pass the final exam receive 3 ECTS credit points.
Eligible students do not need to register for the course. After completing the course you will receive a report card that will indicate your grade.