In cooperation with the partner universities listed below, the University of Stuttgart offers a variety of Double Master's programs. Nominated students spend one year at their home university and one year at the University of Stuttgart. Students follow a structured program leading to a Master's degree from both universities.
Are you a Double Master's student?
If the following criteria apply to you, then you are:
- You are officially nominated by your home university
- You are enrolled at one of our partner universities listed below
- You have a very good academic performance
For detailed information please contact the academic coordinator at your home university.
Which partner universities offer a Double Master's program in cooperation with the University of Stuttgart?
- Royal Melbourne Institute of Technology (RMIT), Australia
- Universidade Federal do Paraná, Brazil
- Queen’s University, Canada
- Tongji University, China
- Université de Rennes, France
- Université de Strasbourg, France
- Toyohashi University of Technology, Japan
- Universiti Teknologi MARA, Malaysia
- Technische Universiteit Eindhoven, Netherlands
- Universidad Politécnica de Cartagena, Spain
- Chalmers University of Technology, Sweden
- Georgia Institute of Technology, USA
All prospective Double Master's students must register for the exchange program via Mobility- Online and have to apply for admission to their study program through the online application platform of the University of Stuttgart called C@MPUS. After you have been nominated you will receive further information and application guidelines by your student advisor of the International Office in Stuttgart.
Please provide the following documents for your registration and application. The documents have to be in pdf format either in German or English, other languages will not be accepted. Translated documents need to be certified:
- Nomination of your home university (form provided by the International Office of the University of Stuttgart)
- Passport-size photo
- Codeword provided by the International Office of the University of Stuttgart
- University entrance qualification (e.g. baccalauréat, Gao Kao, high school diploma)
- Certificate of your Bachelor’s degree
- Transcript of records of your Bachelor’s and Master’s studies (both in one pdf file). Make sure it includes a list of courses which you take in the semester before coming to the University of Stuttgart
- Motivation letter for Double Master’s studies
- Proof of your English language proficiency (if applicable: see agreement between your home university and the University of Stuttgart)
- Proof of your German language proficiency (if applicable: see agreement between your home university and the University of Stuttgart)
No postal or email application is required (nor accepted). Please take care to fill in all details and upload all documents online to C@MPUS.
Joint Master's degree students from Georgia Institute of Technology run under a special scheme and will be informed individually by the International Office in Stuttgart.
Nomination deadline for the winter semester (October to March): March 15
Application deadline for the winter semester (October to March): May 15
Once the Admissions Office of the University of Stuttgart has processed your application, you will be able to download your letter of admission from C@MPUS.
Are you a non-EU citizen and require a student visa?
Please consider that your letter of admission issued by the University of Stuttgart is required by the German consulate. If you have not yet received your letter of admission, please contact the University of Stuttgart’s academic coordinator of your Double Master’s program. They will send you an invitation letter stating that you will be admitted as a Double Master´s student.
Are you ready for your studies in Stuttgart?
To help you prepare for relocating to Stuttgart, we have put together a list of pre-departure information for you. Please check for items you should not miss.