11th International Workshop on
Nonlinear Optics and Excitation Kinetics in Semiconductors
About the Conference
The International Workshop on Nonlinear Optics and Excitation Kinetics in Semiconductors is the 11th meeting in a series which started in 1987 in Bad Stuer and then continued with workshops in Bad Stuer (1989), Bad Honnef (1992), Gosen near Berlin (1994), Graal-Müritz (1997), Marburg (2000), Karlsruhe (2003), Münster (2006), Klink (Müritz) (2008) and Paderborn (2010). It has an excellent tradition in covering the whole range of nonlinear optics and the kinetics of electronic excitations in semiconductors. Previous NOEKS meetings have always been of high international standard and often played a pioneering role. NOEKS 11 (2012) stands in this tradition by providing a platform for the exchange of new ideas and the discussion of recent developments. There will be no parallel sessions and the lunches will be taken together at the conference site which gives plenty of opportunities for discussions.
Topics of NOEKS 11 are:
- Ultrafast nonlinear dynamics (coherent effects, coherent control, quantum kinetics,
Terahertz phenomena, ...)
- Low-dimensional and nanostructured optoelectronic and photonic systems (semiconductors,
metallic and hybrid systems, organic semiconductors, carbon based materials, ...)
- Solid state based quantum optics (photon statistics, luminescence, entanglement, ...)
- Spin effects (spin relaxation and dephasing, spin transport, ...)
- Semiconductor based quantum information processing
- Novel laser physics
Abstract-Booklet available here.
NOEKS 11 will be held from September 23 - 27, 2012 at the University of Stuttgart. The Conference Center is located at the Pfaffenwaldring 47, lecture hall 47.03.
Abstract Submission will open on April 4th, 2012.
Online Registration will open on July 4th, 2012.