Application for Admission - Site Map
This is a guide to the features and functions of this INFOTECH web-site section for Application for Admission
For a quick snapshot on the program characteristics and the application process the Application for Admission -Overview page is usefull.
To apply successfully, a number of basic requirements, mainly related to your Bachelor study, have to be fulfilled and later in the application process to be proven. The application requirements can be checked on the Application Requirements page.
Different to other parts of the world, admission to a German university is only the right to take up studies and - after fulfillment of all obligations of the study- and examination regulation - receiving the academic degree. It does not include anything further. E.g., dormitories, if needed, have to be requested separately, using the defined procedure. If the offer of tuition-free German class to acquire Grundstufe I (A1.1) - prerequisite for conferring the degree - is to be used, it has to be requested, using the defined procedure.
INFOTECH is an admission-restricted program. It means that not all applications can be considered. We have 80 seats and substantially more applications. Academic performance in the Bachelor is the main selection criteria, taking into account university grading policies. Nationality, gender, race, scholarships, work experiences have no influence on the selection process. INFOTECH runs its own application system, which is different to others of the university. INFOTECH applies a two (2) step applications procedure:
- Step 1 is online using the methods explained on the The Application Procedure Step 1 page.
- After receiving your step 1 application, we will evaluate it. As a result, the statement could be | Data Missing | Non-Matching Basic Data | No Chance of Admission | Step 1 Evaluation. The latter case means, that your application will be considered for the step 1 evaluation and selection on Step 1 Evaluation Day.
- On step 1 evaluation day all step 1 applications will compete for the status 'INVITED for STEP 2'. The admission commission will select a subset of all the applications based on the criteria described. All applicants, whose step 1application has been selected on Step 1 Evaluation day will be invited to proceed to step 2 of the application process.
- Step 2 application is done by filling the step 2 application form and attaching the requested document see Application Procedure Step 2
- For deadlines please check Application for Admission Deadlines
- A roadmap, showing the sequence of events and actions on both sides, applicants and office, can be found on RoadMap
For newly admitted students ('freshmen') we have collected some useful information regarding things to do and know before leaving the home city/country, about student dormitories (student hostel) and the German language class.
|The Contents of the Application Section|
|Step 1 Application|
|Step 2 Application|
|Post Acceptance Information|